Sticking A Penny To The Wall By Faith

Unless you've been hiding under a rock, in a mainstream denomination, or stuck in the Baptist belt of the South, you may have heard a lot of talk about the phenomena of sticking coins and other objects to the wall by faith.

There has been a lot of vicious criticism about it, and even accusations that it is all from the devil! (Some people really need to stop worshiping the devil by giving him all the credit for everything! He has no power to do anything anymore, so just stop honoring him for things he can't do!)

I just recently heard about it, and I was curious. I had never tried it, and wasn't sure about whether it was real or not, but I'm a believer, not a doubter. If other Christians could do it, then there is no reason that I couldn't, right? After all, God is no respecter of persons, and if He does it for one then we all qualify.

So, on April 4, 2017, I stuck a penny to the wall by faith!

A few days before that, I tried to do it and it didn't work. (I later found out that the reason that I failed was that I put my hand under it to catch it if the penny didn't stick. You can't try to have faith and act on doubts. Don't be double minded!)

This time, I dropped a penny out of my pants pocket, and I heard Jesus' voice saying, "Stick it to the wall." I thought of my previous failure, and almost didn't do it. But, I did what He said, and it stuck!

I tried it again a few days later, and it didn't work. I asked Him why, and He told me that I was playing games, and trying to put faith in my faith to stick it to the wall. It worked when I listened to Him, not when I decided to just do it to play games.

Faith is believing what the Lord says, and doing it. It is not about parlor tricks or other foolish displays. If He doesn't tell you to do something, either in person, or in His Word, then you may just be acting on presumption, not by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment